Friday, May 3, 2013

Library Finds: "Going to Sleep on the Farm"

I have decided to start a new feature - Library Finds! We've been making good use of our public library lately. It's a small branch, but there are a good number of picture books and I can make requests for anything in the system. Some of the picture books we bring home are just ok, but then there are the ones that we all like reading again and again. So whenever I find a really great book, I will post about it here!

Without further ado, our first instalment:

Going to Sleep on the Farm
by Wendy Cheyette Lewison
illustrated by Juan Wijngaard



With rhythmic, gentle text and lovely, illuminated artwork, this is a wonderful book both for listening and looking. The text is a conversation between father and son at bedtime. It opens, 

How does a cow go to sleep, tell me how?
How does a cow go to sleep?

A full spread illustration follows with the father's description of the cow settling down for the night. Different farm animals follow in turn, till the sun has set and everyone is asleep. 

The rhythm is just right in this book, as is the rhyming. The artwork captures the light of the setting sun perfectly. And I love that it's a book with a daddy in it! 

Here is a sample page:



It's not currently in print, though second-hand copies can be obtained online. I think I'll put it on my wish list!


~lg

1 comment:

  1. This is some beautiful lace wigs I didn't realize the 14 inch was as long as it is. So I haven't worn it out yet because I'm not used to such long hair, but I can tell you brazilian virgin hair it is absolutely gorgeous, it's silky and thick the lace on it is outstanding I am completely happy with the look, the feel, the touch, the curls and the quality of this brazilian hair bundles. Plus there is hardly no shedding or very little shedding at all. I originally wrote a review proior to actually wearing the unit and i stated that it seemed a little short to be 22 inches. however after customizing it and everything I absolutely love it. This is my first human hair wigs uk and i must say it was sooooo worth the money. I recommend this wig to everyone beginners frequent wig wearers everyone this unit is amazing. Although I did go in and pluck some more and cut the lace wigs it already came with baby hairs and was pre-plucked.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...